Friday, March 23, 2012

Oil Rig Job, Offshore Salary, Offshore Jobs

 Oil Rig Job Oil rig workers at the oil rig


All my life I worked at offshore oil rig. Often my oil rig job was about hard work under rain on a windy day, but despite this I found my job very challenging and exciting and I always felt accomplished and satisfied with it. I was always sure that this was a job that I always wanted to have and I would not exchange it for anything.


I started working at a oil rig at the initial annual salary of $50,000 and retired when my salary was slightly below $160,000. Nowadays when I think of my career choice, I can say that choosing oil rig job was the smartest choice that I made in my entire life.


Nowadays I am retired, I receive generous pension and I have large investments in a real estate. I spend my evenings with my grandchildren: Maggie, Jenny and Bobby. I have plenty of free time, so I decided to share my life experience with those, who are thinking to move into offshore sector.


There are 3 things that you should take into account, when you are looking for an oil rig job:


1. Your resume must be inline with offshore employers’ demands – offshore employers seek for very specific details of your biography. They are not interested in whether you are good at playing chess, fluent in Mongolian language or know Biology very well. This is important because the employer will throw away your resume, if he / she sees unneeded information there. Your resume should really stand out.


For resume writing you need professional approach. I advise you to use this Resume Writing Service. The service is absolutely FREE.


2. Complete Training Course for Oil Rig Jobs – this is not a must, but completing such a training can increase your chances of getting employed on oil rig job.


Training courses for oil rig job is delivered by Maritime Drilling Schools. They usually focus on drilling and safety issues. Such courses are also delivered by EnForm (highly reputable company with 50-year experience and PetroSkills that is relatively young company established by consortium of oil producers.


3. Deliver your resume to Offshore Employers – this is the most difficult part, but at the same time the most important. Oil rig job vacancies are rarely announced online, so what you need to do is to collect addresses of offshore employers and send them your resume.


The problem is that it may take quite a lot of time to collect e-mail addresses. So what I recommend you is using this vacancy site. The service is paid, but it provides following benefits:


- sends your resume to over 1,200 offshore employers by 1 click;


- you continuously receive new oil rig job vacancies for FREE;


- it is cheap, you spend only 7 cents per employer;


- you get the lifetime membership and you can use this service anytime you want;


Believe me, it is worth it. You invest a little and you receive a job that can pay you $60,000 as a start.


To get the service click here


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment