Thursday, March 22, 2012

3 Killer Tips for Finding Offshore Drilling Jobs that Pay $60,000

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota

Oil Rig JobI have spent most of my adult life working at the oil rig. Sometimes I had to work hard under the harsh weather conditions, but I always found job exciting and it has always brought me pleasure and satisfaction. Also I always realized that in this industry I could earn higher salary than I could elsewhere.

Today when I look back, I can say that working for the oil rig was the smartest thing I did in my life.

Nowadays I am retired and I spend my evenings with my grandchildren: Jeeny, Bobby and Maggie. I have plenty of free time and that is why I decided to create this blog and share my experience with the people, who try to find oil rig job and enjoy the benefits it gives.

There are 3 things that you should take into consideration to increase chances of getting an oil rig job:

1. Update your CV in a way that suits offshore employers – offshore employers look for some specific information in your CV. So you need to update your CV in a way to suit their needs. This is important because a typical employer throws away your CV as he /she sees that an applicant mentions that he/she can plays chess very well. This is not what they are interested in.

Here you need a professional help. To update your CV in the best possible way I recommend you to use this CV Building Service. The good thing about this is that the service is free, but you need to register (check the link at the end of the page to register for free);

2. Get training courses and have appropriate certificate – although completing trainings is not obligatory, they greatly increase your chances of getting employed. So I advise you to apply for one this courses and complete it. This can be a real advantage on your way of finding an oil rig job.

Such training is organized by Maritime Drilling Schools (they have training programs in drilling & safety), Enform (training company that is for 50 years in business and its graduates have high chances of getting employed) and PetroSkills ( formed by consortium of oil companies).

3. Collect e-mail addresses of offshore employers and send them your CV – this is the hardest part, but also the most important. Oil rig job usually are not announced on vacancy websites as other vacancies are. So you need to find e-mails of those offshore rigs that often have vacancies for oil rig job yourself and send them your CV.

The problem with such approach is that it may take days and maybe even weeks in the Internet to get e-mail addresses. So I advise you to use services of this site. This site helps you to prepare your CV and send it to over 1,200 oil rigs that often have oil rig job openings. The service is very convenient: you send your CV to all 1,200 employers by one click and the employers do not notice that.

The bad thing about this service is that it is not free and you have to pay for it. But believe me that it is worth it. You pay for it once and you can use it for the rest of your life.

Besides a good thing about this service is that it is quite cheap. If you calculate the price that you pay for getting a contact of one employer, it is just 7 cents. Now imagine how much time you would have to spend, if you tried to collect 1,200 e-mail addresses yourself. Sounds good?

If you like the idea, you can register here


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment