Monday, July 29, 2013

Oil And Gas Jobs – Why You Can’t Find Entry Level Jobs

By the time you go through all of these 7 points, you are going to think “Of course, why didn’t I think of that?” because it actually makes a lot of sense. For it to make sense, first you need to understand what happens when someone decides to look for entry level position. Chances are that they know absolutely nothing about the industry so they are not likely to search for a company name. They are more likely to do a broad search for something such as “oil rig jobs".

The next thing you need to consider is what kind of company is likely to profit from this type of broad search? It makes absolutely no sense for a company that makes its money from mining natural resources to waste their money, time and effort getting their website shows up in search results for terms such as oil rig jobs. What you are more likely to find is recruitment agencies that know that you are looking for a job.

Depending on the job, recruitment agencies can charge employers up to 10% of your annual wage for helping them fill that position. That is why a recruitment agency is willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars each month to show up in search results for search terms such as oil and gas jobs. That wouldn’t be a problem if you clicked on the recruitment agency website and they had a long list of entry level oil rig jobs but the problem is that you will never find them there.

In the next video I will explain why but if you look at it from the recruitment agencies point of view, they don’t really care if you can’t find what you are looking for, because even if you give up and look for work in another industry, they still have the ability to gain a new customer.

Exactly, as I was first looking for a job in the oil industry, just about three or four years ago, I started searching something as oil rig jobs etc. It was about two years ago I got e-mail from Nigeria, and as I opened it my computer got virus and stopped working. Until today I get frequently e-mails from Martin, Jennifer, Susan etc. about free posts in the oil industry. I have never ever opened it, except once, I think. Now I got to your website I am convinced for the first time since the beginning of my search that I got the right man to help. Thank you.

Petr Prochazka


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment