Saturday, December 22, 2012

Jogger chased by mountain lion: I was going to get eaten

Font ResizeColorado NewsBy Will Ripley
9Newsdenverpost.comPosted: 12/22/2012 03:44:06 PM MSTDecember 22, 2012 11:14 PM GMTUpdated: 12/22/2012 04:14:21 PM MST

Park rangers are on the lookout for an aggressive mountain lion that approached two people at Cheyenne Mountain State Park on Friday.

Portions of the park will be closed this weekend as rangers try to find and euthanize the mountain lion.

In a matter of seconds, Lindsey Grewe went from jogging on the trail to running for her life when the mountain lion began chasing her.

"I'm screaming, but I don't think anyone heard me. I really thought he was going to attack me, I just had visions of, I see it crossing through my mind that I was going to get eaten," Grewe said.

Friday's encounter follows a Thursday incident in which a hiker and her dog took refuge in an outhouse west of Boulder after being confronted by a mountain lion.

Read the complete story at 9News.com.



View the Original article

0 comments:

Post a Comment